Wednesday, February 23, 2011

JOP - Fabricaholic

(This is for Jumping Off Places.) The texture of the fabric was intoxicating, I knew it was expensive. Black, soft, soothing velvet! I wanted to buy it; I though about it. But I turned away, looking for something that would save my pocketbook bottom line. There was moleskin, at half the price, that looked much the same, except not really as plush. I walked down the isles, looking at brocades, crushed panne, and even embroidered satins. I had a project in mind and tried to picture it with these alternative fabrics. Finally, I knew what I would do--I'd try the project with the a lesser fabric first. Sort of a practice project, instead of possibly wasting the expensive supplies on my first try. I pulled the bolt, walked to the counter with the moleskin. "A quarter yard please."

4 comments:

Della said...

I'm interested to see what you are making!

Marlene said...

You could have been talking about my sister, she is the same way around fabric. It is rather interesting that we chose the same first line again this week and went totally different directions with it.

myminimocs said...

being a fabric nut myself you story took me right to the store with you!!!

Crystal said...

Ah, what can she be making? Nice story. Sounds like me when I am in a fabric store...never being able to decide which one to choose. :-)