Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Pattern!

My very first pattern!  A new accomplishment for me!  It is a textile pattern from one of my sketch drawings--Pine Sprig II.  I drew this pencil drawing in my permanent sketchbook back in 2011 of a branch that I picked up on a creek walk, never thinking of doing anything else with it. You can see the original sketch in this blog post. But early this year, I was asked to do a class on textile art, and so I decided to make this drawing the focus of the piece for the class.  I recorded all the steps while finishing the piece, to be able to teach the class.


 THEN . . . duh . . . it occurred to me . . . if I am teaching this one class how to do the piece, why not print the pattern and offer it to others for sale!



This pattern is a very easy starter piece for anyone who is interested in exploring textile wall art.  It covers simple fusing, quilting, couching, and beading to create a finished piece that any nature lover would enjoy.  It would also make a great gift, as it is not a big project, just 11 x 14 inches. I have listed it in my shop here.

Now considering doing other patterns from some of my art . . . the new adventure begins!

4 comments:

Memories for Life said...

What a great addition to your shop! And clever thinking on the new product idea!

Sarah Leonard said...

Amazing that you can come up with patterns for things like this. I can just about sew round stuff and sew hems myself :)

Splendid Little Stars said...

What a great idea!

LanasArtStudio said...

sweet pattern! Lovely design!