Monday, May 5, 2014

Art in Nature

I recently read an article by Shelly Esaak called, "What is Art?" She had a lot to say, but I liked her final description:

"Art is form and content."  





And . . . she had sub points:

"Form is the actual physical materials used by the artist in some principle of design."

My actual materials in the piece above, obviously were pencil, pen, and watercolor.

"Content is idea-based and consists of what the artist meant to portray, how he actually did portray it and how it  is perceived by the beholder."

Much of my own art content has to do with nature--God's creation!  I am enamored of His creativity and some of the best content is found in our natural surroundings. I love to portray what I see there!

"For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky.  Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature." Rom. 1:20 NLT


How do you perceive all the creativity in nature? 

1 comment:

SarahBeth said...

There's nothing more beautiful than what has come from God's paintbrush! Love your cattails!