This delightful light spice cake, offsets and does not overpower the pears. We love it warm and often eat it again cold as a breakfast cake. Love it! (Recipe below.) Don't forget to wear a pretty apron while you bake!
|Pear cake in process|
|Line bottom of the lightly greased pan with pears|
|I even got some muffins with the leftover batter!|
|finished pear cake|
|Served up with ice cream! Yum!|
Apple or pear cake
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground allspice, optional
1/2 tsp ground cloves, optional
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2/3 cup milk
3-4 apples/pears, peeled, cored, cut into slices
1. Cream together butter and sugar, about 4-5 min.
2. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
3. In separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt baking powder and spices.
4. Add flour. Mix slowly to butter/sugar mixture. Alternate between adding flour, then a little of the milk, until all mixed together.
5. Grease round cake pan. fan fruit slices onto bottom of pan, Pour batter over fruit.
6. Bake 1 hour @ 325 degrees.
7. When finished baking. Let stand on counter for 2-3 minutes. If needed loosen all around the edge with a knife. Then put the serving plate over the pan and flip over allowing the cake to slide out onto the plate. Pear topped cake will be ready to enjoy
8. Serve warm alone or with whipped cream or ice cream!
P.S. Using a few more pears, I have been known to make a pear sauce and spoon it over the ice cream! YUM!
Post a Comment