Monday, September 15, 2014

Another project in progress

Do you do chain stitching when you are creating?
What's chain stitching?
When using the sewing machine, especially for quilting the same type of pieces over and over, sewers use a chain stitch method.  

Groupings of pieces are sewn one after the other, without cutting the thread between each one.  
Look closely:




These are a grouping of Santa ornament pieces all sewn and set for final stuffing and decoration.


Will show you the finish product later this week! Stay tuned!

7 comments:

sammysgrammy said...

Can't wait for episode 2

Memories for Life said...

Sounds like a smart technique :)

Lizzi said...

I've done it before, but only because I was too lazy to cut the thread lol. Looking forward to the finished product!

Sue Runyon said...

I'm a quilter so I've done a lot of chain stitching. Saves a lot of time and thread.

Mechelle said...

I have never heard of that before.

Unknown said...

Ooh.. I can't wait to come back and see the finished product!

I'm not a sewer, but I remember seeing my mother do this when she would sew when I was a child.

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Never done it in all my 40 years of sewing! Waiting to see the results!