Monday, April 4, 2011

What next, Sasha?

"You want me to adopt her?! Mom, you've lost it! You know that I'm already way too busy ALL THE TIME! My family, the shop, home schooling, the farm, watching after you!" Suzanne practically shouted at her mom, which was surprising. "But, Suz, you . . . . " Abby tried to say. "No, mom, I don't want to hear it!" she shouted, as she rose from her chair, put her cup in the sink and went for the back door! "Well, Sasha, that went well!" The cat meowed back, as if understanding just what was said. Wiping off the table and adding her cup to the sink, Abby headed for the wing chair in the living room with Sasha right behind her. "I didn't see that coming!" She picked up her embroidery, did a couple of stitches, and sat it down again. Rising from the chair, she paced across the Persian rug a couple of times then headed for the phone. She dialed the number and waited for an answer. "Ms. Cathy Griffith, please." After leaving a message for Ms Griffith, since she was not available, Abby went back to pacing. She sure hoped Suz wouldn't stay angry with her. She just wanted the best for Patricia and for her own family! Suzanne would never have a little girl of her own. There were no girls in the Hamilton family, hadn't been in generations. Always boys. Suzanne was resigned to it. "She loves her boys and I do too, Sasha. But I just wish she could have a girl. Sasha, maybe I have overstepped my bounds."

1 comment:

Marlene said...

Can't wait to find out what transpires after the dust settles.