Monday, January 19, 2015

Crazy Quilting Class

Spending most of my time writing these days--a novel.  I get into it fully and needing to take some time away, (and closing a couple of my online shops), I have decided to take a crazy quilting class.  I know, I have done crazy quilting before, but I have never taken any lessons.  So I am now!

We picked fabrics.  The class list asked for pastels or neutrals.  I originally had a different idea in mind from the instructor's idea and picked one fabric with a tiny heart pattern.  I matched other pale fabrics to the little heart colors.



The instructor wanted me to drop the heart fabric. I didn't want to and played around with the fabrics I chose.  But when I put them together, they didn't look right.  I eventually threw out the beige and the tiny heart fabric, substituted another pink fabric to the mix and voila!


Block is pieced and ready to embroider and embellish.  Stay tuned to future episodes and progress!


What are you working on?

4 comments:

Paige @ Little Nostalgia said...

How fun! We're working on a smattering of house projects as usual, and I'm meeting with my first local design client on Thursday. Aaaaaah!

Natashalh said...

That is a cool looking piece! I'm also pretty busy sewing, but I don't have anything finished to show for it at the moment.

Memories for Life said...

Fun piece! I can see how the hearts wouldn't quite fit in with this piece. But I bet you find a great project for them still :)

Kathleen said...

Funny how we are so sure that something will work, and then it doesn't quite come out the way we thought it would! Looks like a fun project in the midst of other fun projects for you! Yay!