Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Pros and Cons

(Part 13 of Abby's Story)
. . . ? . . . ? . . . ? . . ? . . ? . . . . . ? . . . ? . . . . ? . . .

Hair Clip by bourdiers on Etsy

Abigail's day mostly done, she found herself again in the wing chair enjoying the warmth from the fireplace. Tonight, as she lifted her feet to the footstool and pulled the Afghan over her legs, she was well into thought . . . . "Am I too old? I still love kids. Being a foster mom or adopting just appeals to me. But . . . where could I do the most good? After all, I have a large enough home and am fortunate enough to be able to afford all the expenses. I could care for a child, easily. I could love a child. I really enjoyed having Patty here with me for a week. But then . . . I was tired. It does take a lot of energy to follow after a little one and make sure they are always safe and entertained." As she pondered adding another log to the fire, she thought better of it because it was almost time to turn in. As the warmth from the fire began to die, the afghan felt so good. She sure enjoyed her quiet time; would that be sacrificed with a child in the house? Thoughts were flying in her head. Tomorrow . . . tomorrow she should make a list of pros and cons, and talk with Suz about possibilities. necklace by noyasilverjewelry on Etsy

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Yes, quiet time would be lost...but it is so worth it! :-)

Marlene said...

Lost quiet time? Maybe, but also possible lost joy.

Abby / Linda said...

Nice observation, gals! Possible joy--Yea!

KristenB said...

Thank you so much for featuring my clip. =)