Thursday, April 24, 2014

Family Baby Quilt

Easter morning


Some time ago, I was asked to make a blanket and crib skirt for my newest grand baby, Emriella Abigail. (Em-ree-L-a)

Eldest Son, Don and family

I finished the blanket/quilt and I'm working on the three layer ruffled crib skirt.  My DIL, Shirley, picked out the fabrics -  she likes bright colors.  Their family picture on Easter is at the right.


Here is the result of the quilt!

Quilter friend, Ritha and I 


Everything is designed around the bright print 

Backing is soft flannel

Free motion quilted and trimmed with satin blanket binding

Free motion quilting continues the print design

Of course, a little tag "Made with love by Grandma"

6 comments:

Linda B said...

She's a beautiful baby. And, the quilt is so colorful, I love it!

Paige @ Little Nostalgia said...

Isn't she just the cutest little thing! I bet she'll love looking at all of the bright colors as she gets a little older. :-)

Unknown said...

The quilt is so lovely! What a special gift that little Emriella will always treasure!

Splendid Little Stars said...

oh so pretty!
What an adorable new grandchild you have!
Congratulations to all!

SarahBeth said...

Emriella is a little doll! Love the quilt fabric -- so cute with all the animals, and the embroidered flowers add a fun touch!

pasqueflower said...

Aww! So sweet! What a special gift for little Emriella!