Friday, January 14, 2011

My Best Friends

I have two best friends. One on my left and the other on my right. They are not flesh and blood, just paper and ink. In them they contain a world of possibilities! A world where I can explore and dream. A world that could be . . . and is---in my mind.
As I reflect in my attic, I invite them both to enter. They help me clear away the cobwebs and the shadows and bring precision to my thoughts. I love to be in the attic with them. There names are Webster and Roget. I can't be without them for flavor, inspiration and appropriate articulation.
It's a world I invite you to explore with us, here in this blog. I hope you will want to become a follower. It will be a great journey together!
Blessings!
Abby

4 comments:

Erika said...

Linda, I love this introduction. It is great that you have found a venue for your writing.

Kathleen said...

*LOL* Your friends get around - I think I have seen them here, too ;-) One of my favorite treasures is my father's Dictionary - Funk & Wagnall's copyright 1942. I still like to just sit and wander through the pages. The illustrations are beautiful!

Splendid Little Stars said...

I think words are so fascinating! It's fun to find new words and to discover the etymology of words. Lot of success with your new venture!

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

I'm horrible at following blogs - but if you put your posts in the blogger thread I'll read them!