Monday, November 6, 2017

Holiday Trinket Boxes

I was going thru a batch of craft supplies that I had tucked away, when I ran across a bag full of small paper mache boxes I had purchased some time ago.  If you are like me, you have supplies that you forgot that you had!

I decided to do something with them. Since my theme for this season's holiday shows is primitive kraft items, these cute little boxes were perfect!



You are welcome to follow along and make your own cute box~maybe a little box to keep ornament hangers in?  So . . . add to the mix some Mod Podge, sponge brushes, and material of your choice. That's it! Although you might want to decorate yours differently.
 

 Supplies ready:



 
As an option, I had previously painted one of the boxes red and never finished the project!  You know, those UFO's lying around.






I finished it first, of course!  Had to!  Added plenty of Mod Podge to the box top, picked the fabric for it and covered it.




Did another box top that would match my theme, leaving the bottom unfinished.  Again, you can decorate your box however you want. Use your imagination!




I decided to add a little button to the top; actually the glue is not dry in the photo--it will dry clear.   


All ready to house my ornament hangers.  Yay!

Whatcha think?

3 comments:

Natashalh said...

Very cute! I frequently give jewelry for gifts to family and decorating the box like this could save me from having to wrap it! My mom is a wrapping magician so her and my sister always tease me about my comparatively poor wrapping skills.

Abby / Linda said...

You mean you have "wrapping police" in your family!😁🤣😂

Splendid Little Stars said...

great idea! Once I painted a small box like that blue and painted a snowman on the lid. I think I may have a few of those still laying around! ;-)