Monday, July 1, 2013

Inspiration from Architecture

Recently on a trip to my home state, I visited a lighthouse, that I never new was there!  What a delight!  
I won't go into all the details (doing a post on the lighthouse in my other blog) but for the purposes of this post, I do want to show a couple of pictures of the architecture in the old building.  I love the old buildings and their craftsmanship!

Eaves over the front door

And the lines are so fascinating!  (I know, actually a study in perspective!)  I'm  thinking of what I could do on a sheet of paper with paint and those lines!

Staircase to the light 


Floor beams - actually ceiling of  basement 'refrigerator' room
Now to go put something on paper! 

linking today with:
Create-with-Joy

6 comments:

Valerie Tyler said...

Architecture is seriously a fabulous place for inspiration! It's definitely one of my sources too.

Natashalh said...

Awesome! I love the stairs and floor beams.

Splendid Little Stars said...

Those lines create a rich texture.
I wonder what you will do....!

Memories for Life said...

Love the staircase shot!

Betty Luckhurst said...

There is certainly inspiration from just anywhere if you look for it!

Diana Evans said...

Oh I love Architecture!!!!!!! I have to take some photos soon and get inspired!!!!!!!I hope you will join me for 10 minute warm ups!!!!!!!!