Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Making of a Logo

I have been working on a new online shop to carry my art.  Realizing that I needed a logo, I have been doodling  . . . .  First I thought about using a textile logo, you know, warp and woof of fabric (in the middle section of this page . . . .


But, and since Abigail Jayne is the pseudonym for my art pieces, I thought that the logo should be the initials. I have had fun playing around with some concepts for the letters.

I think I have settled on  an embroidered set of initials, then a photograph that I will tweak with photo editing software.  Here's the embroidery in process:


Here is the photo, manipulated:


Sew . . . . not finished, nor decided on a final product for a logo yet, but having fun with it!!!

12 comments:

Splendid Little Stars said...

looking good so far! looking forward to your new shop opening!

Natashalh said...

That is such a cool idea! I need to fix my shop banner. I make things the size Etsy claims they should be, but the text always gets cut off! I'm not sure what to do about it, but I really do want some text on my shop banner. As for a 'logo,' I guess it's just me! =)

Memories for Life said...

I love the manipulated photo...very cool! This is a really fun idea for a logo!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I envy your creativeness....I would have no idea how to create all that....looking forward to the finished banner.

sammysgrammy said...

I am going to have to run right over to Abigail Jayne's shop to see what's in Abigail's Attic.

Paige @ Little Nostalgia said...

Logos are hard! I don't have one for any of my online stuff, just the names of my shops in cool fonts, haha. Good luck with your final design!

Mechelle said...

Your new logo looks great! It's so much fun playing around with different software.

gentle adornments said...

Very nice!!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! It will be fun to see the finished product!

Judy Nolan said...

Looking forward to your shop opening! Looks like you are having fun with every aspect of the new shop, all the way from the shop banner to the items inside the shop.

Cynthia said...

Love your new logo! Can't wait until your shop opens on etsy! Blessings!

Scrollwork said...

What a creative approach to logo creation!

I am in awe of your multiple talents. Three blogs, more than one shop...how do you keep up? I feel faint just thinking about it.

Thank you for stopping by my blog!